Basler Herbstmesse – accommodation
Basler Herbstmesse, aka Basler Herbstwarenmesse, is allegedly the biggest amusement fair in Switzerland. In existence since 540 years, it counts among the oldest traditions of the city of Basel.
Following the tradition, Basler Herbstmesse starts on the Saturday preceding 30th October. The Herbstmesse runs in seven city squares simultaneously:
- Herbstmesse Barfüsserplatz (served by tram lines 3, 6, 8, 10,11, 14, 15, 17)
- Herbstmesse Petersplatz (line 11 or 16 till “Universitätsspital”, then get off and follow Petersgraben till Petersplatz)
- Herbstmesse Münsterplatz (line 2 till “Kunstmuseum”, then get off, cross the street and follow Rittergasse till Münsterplatz)
- Herbstmesse Kasernenareal/ Claraplatz (served by tram lines 6, 8, 14, 15, 17, get off at “Claraplatz”)
- Herbstmesse Messeplatz (served by tram lines 2, 6, 14, 15, get off at “Messeplatz”)
- Basel Messehalle 3 on Riehenring (Riehenring is the street running along Messe Basel)
You can book your accommodation anywhere in Basel, you will always reach one of the Herbstmesse venues in a short time. At expo-rooms.com, you can see where your accommodation is located on the map and measure the distance to the Herbstmesse venues. Whether you prefer a hotel, an inn or a BnB: book well in advance, the crowd will be enormous.
You can find a plan of the tram network of the city of Basel at this link: BVB-Basel
All venues of Basler Herbstmesse are reachable by tram. We recommend traveling to Basel by train or to use the park and ride facilities. The Basler Herbstmesse attracts roughly a million visitors every year!
You can book your accommodation for Basler Herbstmesse here: www.expo-rooms.com